Friday, December 18, 2009

Class Clown

So, here goes a blog. I am not tech savvy, or very interesting. I have never dreamed of offering my two cents. Blogs were something I read; not ever did I consider writing one- until now.

See, I've had an epiphany. Maybe it's because I've not been sleeping well, or maybe it's due to the fact that I have Beethoven's 7th reeling through my head-- who knows. I just know that this morning, at 5am, I was hit by reality.

Now, let's get one thing straight... I am a big fan of reality. I happen to think that more people should become acquainted with it. But,on this morning, reality is not my comforting friend. I woke up with one thing on my mind this morning- Traci Stanton Little. Traci is a friend and fellow blogger who writes about Our Lord. Always. I had the priviledge of going for a walk with her this summer, and all she did was talk about God. Her love for Jesus is amazing. It flavored every word that came from her with kindness, gentleness, peace and joy. Of course, I had pretty much nothing to offer. And therein lies the epiphany.

I am the class clown. I love to laugh, and make others laugh. I can't help but see the humor in EVERYTHING. But, is that edifying? Is my wit encouraging others to walk more closely to God? Now I do agree that God loves laughter and humor occasionally, but God wants us to glorify Him always. I woke this morning realizing that I am the biblical interpretation of "class clown"-- FOOL. And not the good kind. Not the fool for Christ we should be, but the ugly, railing, harsh kind.

I realized this morning that even though I couldn't stop smiling and laughing, Traci Little said nothing funny on our midsummer's walk.

I woke this morning praying for God to change my heart.

2 comments:

  1. WOW Claudia! If you only knew, how flawed I am! Only by the grace of God, can HE shine through a sinner, like me!

    I'm so happy that the Holy Spirit spoke to you about being a class clown. GUESS WHAT!?

    You can still be funny, witty and all those things... as you seek to ask God to flow through you, and not Claudia.

    The more and more I grow in my walk with Christ, the more imperfect I truly realize I am.

    It is all about growing, and becoming more like Him.

    Let HIS laughter, shine through you! I LOVE YOU!

    Hugs,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Keep blogging! :-) Use it to help you seek God daily. Get into His Word, and then share what you are learning.

    You will LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete