Saturday, December 19, 2009

What Stress Can Do

So I have been noticing lately that I'm getting a bald spot. No, it's not in the back- it's right in the front for all to admire. I spoke to my friend and hairdresser and instead of saying what I tactfully hoped she would, she said," Yeah, I see that you are going bald". She suggested a new hair-do . It's basically a comb-over. I am grateful.
After working her magic, she asks me a rather odd question- "Are you under a lot of stress?". HUH?

Well, yes. Yes I am. In the past year we have battled MRSA, hospital visits, anxiety disorder, my dad's wife being terminally ill, and more medical bills than we can pay.

But I never really thought of it as stress. I thought of them as trials. Trials given by Our Heavenly Father to grow my family and bring us closer to Him. I see a year of reliance on His Word and Grace.

Matthew 10:28-31 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your father's will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows"

God knows the diminishing number of hairs on my head! Hallelujah!

And that's what stress does... It makes you thankful for going bald.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! :-) If it makes you feel better, I feel like I have a receding hair line :-)

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete